Haggis bon bons are a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that are perfect for any occasion. Here's a recipe for haggis bon bons using Grant's Premium Haggis:
- 1 can of Grant's Canned Haggis
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (we recommend panko)
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oil in a deep fryer or a large pot to 180°C.
- Empty your Grant's Canned Haggis in to a mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork until it has a smooth texture.
- Roll the haggis mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Set up three bowls: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with breadcrumbs.
- Dip each haggis ball first into the flour, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the breadcrumbs, making sure they are fully coated.
- Carefully drop the haggis balls into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the haggis bon bons from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious haggis bon bons made with Grant's Premium Haggis!